Well, I may divulge some more bits and pieces on that later. My purpose will be not to incriminate
anyone The Irishman. [I’m going to refer to my husband as this, and I mean it affectionately]. I think I have got all most of the negativity out of my system by now, 2 years later. All has been forgiven and I take 100% responsibility for the problem (I should actually say 50% but hey, I’m nice like that.)
- Can a marriage survive a Debt Crisis?
- Can YOU survive a Debt Crisis without SSRI’s?
- How could I be so smart but yet so dumb?
- Is there still money in my booze budget?
Oh, the possibilities… but I digress. So how did I get HERE? Well I’ve been thinking about blogging our story for a few reasons.
- I’d like to help others. I’ve learned a lot and am still learning but would like to be able to share information, lessons learned if it would help someone else to avoid what I’ve gone through.
- I could use some moral support sometimes. Maybe I’m getting a bit of debt fatigue. I get anxious because The Irishman’s income is variable and I
throw a fitfreak out when it’s not looking like it will be a good month and he hasn’t told me about it.
- I’ve been perusing other personal finance blogs and have found them to be helpful for #2. However, I’ve noticed that most personal debt blogs are from twenty or thirty somethings trying to get out of student debt. I commend them in a WHOLEHEARTEDLY BIG way! [And would like to get my daughter hooked on to them BTW] I’m also looking for some older bloggers who are as stupid as me and who I can impress with my big numbers. [Translation: Please, anybody? Is there anybody out there who’s been as bad as we have been?]
- I used to blog when I went through depression after my Mum died. I had a lot of fun with it, even if it was a bit of a time hog. I won’t let this get like that. As much as this blog is for others, it will also be for me.
- I thought I could make some extra money with a side hustle of advertising on this blog. I’ve since researched and it looks pretty dismal so not sure if I’ll bother. But if small unobtrusive stylish ads start to pop up …. don’t hate me.
So say hello, tell your friends/parents so we can chat. And if nobody shows up, not to worry. I can just look back on this in the future and say… look what we did! We’ve come a long way, baby!